Thank you to Beth of SunnyGal Studio for the Sunshine Award! Not only does she create fabulous garments (you have to see the kimono wedding dress she made!) and is an expert tailor, she is a wonderful person (in person!) as well.
Thank you also to Gail of MyFabrication for the Versatile Blogger Award! I am always envious of the beautiful fabrics she chooses and how she is able to expertly transform them into gorgeous garments (I especially loved her ball outfit -- so amazing!)
Here we go with some tidbits:
Favorite Color: Varies, but generally blue, red and pink.
Favorite Animal: I've been a life-long dog person, but my husband introduced me to the most awesome cat -- Elvis (my profile pic) -- and we adopted the second most awesome cat (Simon) -- and now I love cats too!
Favorite Number: Nothing in particular, although I do tend to buy yards of fabric in threes, so I'll say 3.
Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Definitely coffee, especially Peet's coffee here in the San Francisco area. I would probably wither away -- or at least be extremely cranky -- without my daily mug!
Facebook or Twitter: I'm not a big social media person, but I am on both. I was surprised at how addictive Twitter is -- and how easy it is to get a lot of information in a short period of time. I admit that I check Twitter multiple times a day (easy with an iPhone) but I only go on Facebook once a week or so. So I have to say Twitter.
My Passion: Sewing, knitting, cooking. Trying to make gardening into a passion, but it seems unlikely at this point -- tough to get past the thought of those bugs!
Getting or Giving Presents: I like both. I love to get presents but I also love to give gifts that are unexpected and are a surprise to the receiver.
Favorite Pattern: My favorite is one that I made a couple of times -- Burda's coat/dress from February 2008.
Favorite Flower: Tulips and tropicals. I wanted tulips for my wedding, but in November, it was a stretch. So I chose anthuriums instead, which were perfect.
Favorite Celebrity Role Model: I'm not very clued into the celebrity world, but I loved Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada.
Here are 7 random things:
1. I prefer savory over sweet. When given the option of caramel popcorn vs. processed cheese popcorn, I'll choose the processed cheese flavor, hands down.
2. Despite having taken swimming lessons on multiple occasions, I'm a terrible swimmer and avoid pools at all times.
3. I love shifting gears in a manual transmission car. Not sure if it is a control thing or a race car thing.
4. Now that I have satellite radio in my car, all I listen to is music from the 80s. If I start making clothes that look eerily like they are from that decade, you'll know why!
5. This is the first time I've admitted this: my brother is smarter than me.
6. I love food and have very few things that I dislike eating. One that I'm not fond of is okra. Yuck.
7. Although I've lived in the San Francisco area for the majority of my adult life, I'm still partial to my roots in southern California.
A Beautiful Push
31 minutes ago