Unfortunately, dad the photographer cropped off the top of her head, but I'm posting the photo anyway because mom has a great smile in this one. She said she loves the blouse, especially the buttons and the flared sleeves. I think this style -- particularly the neckline -- is very flattering on her, and the colors are definitely "her colors".
Here's the line drawing of the blouse (Burda September 2009):
When I sent her the muslin, I made one sleeve gathered (as in the line drawing above) and one loose and flared. She opted for the loose and flared version, as she likes the elegance of the look. She didn't want the bow so I omitted it. I also lowered the button placement so the lowest button is closer to the hem. In terms of pattern alterations, I lowered the armholes by 0.5 inches and widened the bodice (below the bust) by 1 inch (she prefers a looser fit). I also shortened the length of the body and sleeves by an inch.
For the construction of the blouse, I used flat-felled seams and mock french seams for a clean finish throughout. The only awkward part was sewing the neckline -- the rounded facing is a bit tricky to get a smooth curve. I pressed the allowance under before stitching the facing to the neckline, which helped to get a smoother curve. However, I'm not completely happy it -- definitely a technique that I need to continue to practice.
Overall, mom is happy with the garment, and that is the most important outcome. Love this pattern!