Saturday, November 2, 2013

Cozy Needed: Inspiring Sweaters

Sweater weather is here! I very much prefer knitting for fall/winter -- so nice to curl up on the couch with balls of soft wool yarn. Here are some inspiring knits for the coming months, all highlighted in Vogue's 31 Days of Sweaters. All images from here.

I love the textured stitches and full sleeves on this cream sweater. The rounded silhouette is interesting as well.


The peplum look on this red one is so fun. The extra-long, narrow sleeves are great too.


This moss green sweater is not the most practical -- cut outs and bulky yarn? -- but I love the oversized cable and ridiculously large cowl. Dramatic!


This long and lean cardi is so cool and classic. I love the exposed zip front and the sailor collar.


I'm currently working with a beautiful Malabrigo Twist -- a chunky baby merino in "Tuareg" -- and a Misti Alpaca Ayllu Overdye in "Admiral". Both yarns are such a pleasure to work with, and they create a wonderfully soft and warm fabric.


Happy knitting!



3 comments:

  1. I'll take that red one, please!!! I do like to knit, but haven't done much in awhile. It's just so much slower than sewing.

    At least the way I do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, knitting can be a lot slower than sewing, except when there's hand stitching and ripped stitches involved -- then it takes me forever to finish my sewing!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Shams, I love the red one, but the cream cable looks so warm and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete